Hindsight is an excellent thing isn’t it?
I loved my experience at university, but there’s definitely a few things I’d change.
Hopefully some of this advice might help others starting out at uni.
- You WILL make good friends, I promise. It’ll take time and effort, but it WILL happen.
- Take better, more comprehensive notes. It will make the world of difference when it comes to revising for end of year exams; saving a huge amount of time and an inordinate amount of stress.
- Take advantage of every opportunity. University comes with endless opportunities and although I definitely took many of them, it wouldn’t have hurt to have taken more. You don’t necessarily get these kind of opportunities on a plate once you leave.
- Budget wisely. Budgeting sounds rather boring and tedious, but it’s 100% worth doing to make the most of your student loan and to not waste it on barely worn clothing and deliveroos!
- Make the most of your free time. Time is precious and I reckon university is the one time where you actually have plenty of free time to play with.